Returns & Refunds Policy
We hope you're delighted with your purchase. However, should you wish to return anything bought from us, we will be happy to issue a full refund provided the item is returned in a fully resaleable condition.
Should you wish to make a return please email details to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your original order reference number and the reason for the return. We will then email you a Returns Authorisation (RA) code and our returns procedure.
- Requests for returns should be made within 14 days of purchase.
- Once the product has been safely returned, we will check that the item is in a fully resaleable condition and will issue a refund within a maximum of 3 working days (although almost all returns are refunded the day they arrive back to us).
- Refunds can only be made to the original card used for the purchase or via Ebay, Paypal or Amazon, if applicable. If the refund is requested due to an item being faulty or damaged, we will also refund your postage charges.
- Under Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2013, you have the legal right to cancel an order within fourteen working days of receipt of the goods. If you wish to exercise your right to cancel your order after it has been received or despatched, then please follow the procedure set out below:
- Please note that wood is a natural product and therefore it is subject to splitting, cracking and warping, especially in extremes of weather. This is not a fault of the product, it is a feature of timber. Cracks are only considered a fault and a structural issue if they go through 3/4 of the thickness of the timber.
- Should you wish to return products bought from us, we will be happy to provide a refund or exchange provided it is in fully re-saleable condition and is within 14 days of your receipt of goods. Non-account, cash purchases require a receipt as proof of purchase for all refunds.
- If we find that the product returned to us is in damaged condition and unsuitable for resale, we reserve the right to refuse a refund on the item or to deduct up to 50% of the original selling price from the refund amount. We reserve the right to inspect all returned products prior to agreeing to any part-refund, full refund or product exchange.
- Customers wishing to cancel orders after 14 days of receipt of delivery or collection of the order should contact us and quote the full order details. Once received, the request will be assessed on an individual basis. Cancellations within this period are at the sole discretion of Bawden Contracting Services Ltd, trading as Fencing Essentials. If the cancellation request is accepted, any refund will exclude the cost of delivery, the cost of return shipping where applicable, and a re-stocking and administration charge of up to 20% of the order will apply.
- Ex-display and sales clearance products are always sold as seen and therefore may not be returned or exchanged. We strongly recommend that customers thoroughly inspect products before purchasing as no returns or refunds will be available.
- Made to measure products may not be returned unless they are deemed to be faulty or damaged in transit and notice of intention to return and notification of the defect must be advised within 14 days of receipt of goods. We require return of the products within 30 days of the refund request being made. Once an order has been placed for bespoke items we are unable to accept cancellations for any reason. Any deposit or payment made will not be refunded.
- Free of charge items purchased/received as part of a special offer promotion can only be refunded if the whole order is returned within 14 days of your receipt of goods.
- You can arrange for your returns to be collected by contacting our Customer Service Team on 01980 669900 or by email to email@example.com stating the order number, item number, stating the reason for the return and whether you want a refund or a replacement. The collection will be free of charge if the products were delivered to you in error or in a damaged or faulty condition. If the products are no longer required the standard delivery charges apply to the collection/replacement plus a restocking charge of up to 20% of the return items value, on returns over the total value of £50 both of which are required before the goods can be collected.
- A restocking charge of up to 20% of the return items value, on returns over the total value of £50 also applies to items returned by you to our shop and is required before the refund can be processed.
- We will refund the price of the item to you or exchange the goods if they were delivered to you in error or in a damaged or faulty condition, once it is received by us and provided we are advised of the proposed return, reason for return or notification of the defect within 30 days of receipt of the goods. A refund of the delivery charge will be given in the instance of incorrect, damaged or faulty goods.
- Your refund will be processed within 30 days of our receipt of the goods and will be refunded to the account used to purchase the product. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Products purchased online at www.fencingessentials.co.uk can be returned by you to our showroom for a refund or exchange and will be subject to the above terms.
- Damage due to misuse, alteration to the product, or negligence is not covered under the returns policy and refunds will not be given.