Weedtex weed control fabric prevents weeds and unwanted plants from getting the essential light they need to grow, yet at the same time, it allows nutrients, water and air into the soil, maintaining goodness and promoting healthy plant growth.
As well as flower beds and borders Weedtex is ideal for use as a garden weed control fabric beneath garden decking, reducing the need to rely on herbicides and weed killers. Weedtex can be secured in place with landscape fixing pegs and then be covered with a layer of bark, gravel, slate or other mulch, it really is that simple. This type of weed control membrane is easily cut to shape and trimmed with scissors or a craft knife.
WEEDTEX installation guide
- In the area where the fabric is going to be laid, trim all existing vegetation to ground level using a strimmer.
- Ensure that there is nothing sharp which could pierce or tear the fabric in the area.
- If there are any areas which have a high level of weed growth then apply a weedkiller.
- Lay out the WEEDTEX fabric and make sure that any joints are overlapped by at least 100mm
- The next step is to secure the fabric using fixing pegs, the best way is by ‘trenching’ or ‘splitting’ the WEEDTEX 100-150mm into the soil.
- Cover the fabric with a layer of bark or other mulch by a minimum of 50mm. The final step is to add a layer of cover over the WEEDTEX, bark or another mulch, which is at least 50mm.
- Now all that is left to do is sit back and enjoy the results!!
We stock a number of sizes WEEDTEX to ensure that you have the right amount for the job at hand whether it is domestic or commercial. If you need any more advice on WEEDTEX then don't hesitate to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01980 669900